Saturday, May 10, 2008

Lose Lugo

I can't believe how many errors Lugo has been making. I think he's up to 12. He has really been hurting us. I feel bad for Lugo too because his perfomance is so embarrassing. As soon as Alex Cora is off the DL he should replace Lugo. I know Papelbon is a closer but I think if we started putting him in at the bottom of the 7th it would help us & help Papelbon. I think he's just not getting enough playing time to be effective. His talent is being wasted. It's always good to watch Varitek. He's an awesome catcher and good captain. And if anyone from Sox management reads this blog you really HAVE to sign catcher Alex Trezza. He led the CanAm league in home runs & is an awesome catcher and team captain. He was bought by the Worcester Tornadoes but he should really be in the majors. He'll be the next Jason Varitek for the Red Sox if somebody gives him a shot. GO SOX!

1 comment:

Peter N said...

Hi there on Monday morning, Memorial Day. I hope you have a great holiday, you AND yours. But I have to disagree. Paps is our closer, and unless it's a World Series type of game, he'll never go more than 4 or, at the MOST, 5 outs. If our Sox are to be a championship team in 2008, and they have a great shot at repeating, there must be a two man "bridge" to hold the lead until Paps comes in for the final inning. That's the way it goes for the elite closers...to put him in early (like the 7th inning) would make him unavailable for the next two or three days.
Nice post, and again, thanks for the link! Peter